This is a job IT professionals dream of: you’ll be working with all the cool tools of Microsoft, get in on the ground floor of a project designed to move clients from on-premise to cloud, and provide input into an evolving landscape of our business processes! This role is a unique combination of 70% Systems Administrator and 30% Database Administrator, so a SysAdmin with some DBA experience would do well.
A little bit about you:
- You have a ROBUST understanding of the Microsoft computing environment, including Office365 and Azure.
- You have at least 2+ years of SysAdmin experience, as well as familiarity with SQL Server 2008/2014/2016 and Azure.
- You have a preference for working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. We know most job descriptions say this, but we really mean it: this is a close-knit group that supports end-users of all technical abilities in a positive, calm, and professional way. It’s important to us that you have a similar approach!
- You’re a pro at working with large enterprise-level IT environments that have multiple geographic locations (we cover 40+ different geographies). We especially want to chat if you've worked in a Systems Administrator role or similar at 360IT, ABS Technology, or SlaIT, as these environments are similar to ours.
- This one pretty much comes standard with this type of role: you have the ability to support technical database and reporting infrastructure on a 24/7 basis. Travel is pretty limited, so expect to be on the road only about 10%.
- Your Bachelor's degree is in Computer Science, or you have a combination of education & experience.
- While these aren't requirements, you get brownie points for any of the following:
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, or CISCO
- Experience with C# and ASP.Net or VB.Net, MS Visual Studio
- Experience with SOX2 Type II Compliance or PCI Compliance
- Familiarity with any of the following: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Reporting Services (SRS)or AppAssure
While every day is different, here's what your role will entail:
- Success is mainly measured by two things: great internal customer satisfaction, and maintaining 100% server uptime (which clearly helps with customer satisfaction!). We measure customer sat a little differently: instead of surveys, we have a weekly call with each location to ask for feedback, and to review open tickets. Our philosophy regarding happy customers and maintaining servers is “if we’re doing our job, no one even knows we’re here.”
- You’ll provide hands-on implementation, support, and execution of IT systems, both on-premise and cloud-based. They include Microsoft (file and print servers, Exchange, SQL), Cisco, Citrix, VMware, and other packaged software as well as industry specific applications.
- You’ll be performing all aspects of Microsoft Windows Server maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades, as well as providing Domain Controller administration and upgrades.
- You’ll be making rapid, successful changes of clients’ requests to make systems changes, debug issues with communications, and handle all end-user issues the calm and professional way that we’re known for.
- We care about your expert input! You’ll maintain, monitor, and analyze system components so that you can offer recommendations on system security, network and computer utilization.
- You’ll work with teams on Enterprise Application Management, such as ERP systems, document management software, and other various and assorted corporate systems.
- As you’d expect, you’ll support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software in order to ensure maximum up-time of Windows servers, desktops, and laptops. And you’ll be doing it via remote support.
- Like we mentioned before, you’ll process end-use tickets on a scheduled rotation basis, and perform after hours and weekend support as required.
- Since you know that Business Continuity Planning is a way of life, you'll assist with Disaster Recovery, as well as implement and maintain effective backup systems to ensure the integrity of business-critical data and functionality.