A government contractor in Norfolk is seeking a Sr. IT Systems Engineer in Norfolk for a Direct Hire Opportunity.
The IT Senior Systems Engineer designs and implements computer systems on the company network according to established department and company policies, procedures and work instructions. He/she works closely with all other members of the IT Department to provide available, stable, and secure computer systems. Must have the following skill set:
Virtualization – VMWare Clustering and day-to-day administration / NSX Exp (Ideal)
Veritas NetBackup (Some exposure to some enterprise backup software)
Azure/AWS Cloud Services a plus
MS Server 200x-2016
Exchange Clustering / SQL Clustering / Advanced AD Administration / GPO / AGPM / WSUS
RHEL (6/7) – Satellite Administration, Puppet, Ansible
CIS Compliancy (Similar to STIGS) or any mainstream hardening/compliancy.
CCB / SCCB Exposure
SOX Experience a plus
Windows Event Collector
SmartCard Exposure a plus
Detailed familiarity with DNS/DHCP/RADIUS/GPOs/CA Ideal
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field plus 6 years of relevant experience; OR
Associates degree in Computer Science or other technical field plus 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience; or 10 years of relevant experience.
• Microsoft or other certifications a plus.
• At least 4 years experience with supporting MS Windows environment.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-Motivated and able to work without supervision.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy and changing work environment.
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley a plus.