The Sr. Software Quality Engineer implements quality engineering and baseline control tools and processes for systems used in autonomous large mining haul trucks.
Responsible for all aspects of software configuration management process and infrastructure
• Responsible for ensuring software development process compliance to standards including functional safety (e.g. IEC 61508)
• Implements and maintains software integration systems to build software releases, run automated validation and static analysis tools and generate release / validation documentation
• Architects modular and maintainable software release packages
• Creates training materials and provides training for software processes
• Participates in software design reviews to ensure structure, traceability and coverage of requirements
• Participates in Software Code/Unit Test reviews to ensure traceability to requirements and design
Knowledge of high level software languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, etc.).
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
• Knowledge of model based development and automatic code generation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink)
• Knowledge of unit testing and software validation techniques
• Knowledge of application lifecycle management tools (e.g. DOORS, PTC Integrity, TFS)
• Knowledge of source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion) Knowledge of integration server technology (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
• Knowledge of software configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Rational)
• Ability to create and establish software configuration management processes and workflows
• Knowledge of basic networking and wireless networks
• Knowledge of software development standards/guidelines (e.g. CMMI)
• Knowledge of functional safety standards (e.g. IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
• Knowledge of cybersecurity standards (e.g. ISO 27032)
• Ability to write specifications that describe software function
• Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles and V-model methodology and their required workflows and tools
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar) with eight years of programming experience in an engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. Electronic Systems is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.