While every day is different, here's what your role will entail:
- Success is mainly measured by two things: professional communication with end users and teammates, and an inquisitive and eager disposition, meaning that you always want to learn and take the next step. As you know, there is no roadmap or instruction manual in IT, so you need to be able to analyze a problem and determine the best solution with minimal input. In short, you have to be strong in problem solving, critical thinking, and root cause analysis.
- It’s so important that we’re going to repeat it again: you’ll be working extensively with end users, and having a humble and positive demeanor with them is non-negotiable. Ours is a culture where we value our end users and treat them with respect, regardless of their IT ability. Often time this involves training and education of end users to they can effectively use corporate IT systems.
- You’ll create and maintain user accounts in Active Directory and “Line of Business” applications.
- You’ll also complete laptop and desktop imaging, as well as application deployment.
- Because you like to stay on top of the latest applications, you’ll research new and emergency technologies. Your opinion is valuable here, so we’ll be relying on you to provide recommendations to leadership.
- You’ll troubleshoot and research all user problems, and resolve the issue. Again, this is where your problem solving, critical thinking, root cause analysis, and ultimately self-reliance come in!
- In addition to documenting departmental and application-related procedures, you’ll also develop and then document new processes and procedures to ensure we’re using applications optimally.
We're Electronic Systems, a Xerox Company. We’re part of a larger organization called Global Imaging Systems (GIS) that acquires and empowers businesses that provide document imaging systems (you probably know them as copiers) to organizations across the United States. We provide support to the 8,000+ end users of GIS with their daily computing requirements, and support a system which is a hybrid of on-premise and cloud.
We also work closely with GIS subsidiaries across the country to manage their IT infrastructure back office and essential business systems. Our team handles all user issues at lightning-fast speed, so that we can maintain strong Information Systems in support of our parent company. Because you might not be familiar with us or our parent company, the two most important things to know are:
- We're an established, yet entrepreneurial company, which means that we do things a little bit differently from larger firms. What this means for you is that you can make an impact quickly and have the opportunity to grow in to other IT roles within the company (either in Virginia Beach or throughout the country)!
- We have the backing of a Fortune 500 Company (Xerox) and have been in business for almost 40 years.
We have stellar benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, including company contributionsto a Health Savings Account
- A generous 401(k) matchof 75% of each dollar contributed, up to 6% after your first year of service.
- An amazing fitness reimbursement discount of 50%for ANY gym, as long as you go four times each month (we like to make sure you’re motivated!)
- A commitment to helping you keep your skills sharp: we reimburse you for certificationsand relevant training
- A close-knit, fun culture, with colleagues that are active in our community. Our employees love our great location near the shops and restaurants of Town Center, as well as Mount Trashmore for lunchtime picnics, taking a scenic walk, and meeting friends or colleagues after work
- And finally, because you’re in IT, really good coffee!
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. Electronic Systems is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.