Our client, a mining industry truck manufacturer with a worldwide client base, is looking to add an Information Systems Security Administrator to their IT team at the Mining Equipment division in Newport News, VA. This is a full time, direct hire position offering full benefits (to include health, dental, 401k, and relocation).
Primary focus of this position is information systems and network security (IT-SEC), planning and coordination of infrastructure security - including the setup of processes, system access procedures, encryption management, virus protection policy, network scans and system intrusion detection. The Information Systems Security Administrator plays a vital role in computer network defense (CND), identifying network security vulnerabilities, monitoring network intrusion attempts and virus activity.
Other critical duties include certificate management, conducting system and network vulnerability scans and security audits, responding to requests such as help desk tickets, telephone, email and in-person service at its Newport News VA location as well as other U.S. facilities in accordance with company International IT security standards. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware. Translates security policies and procedures into technical architectures.
- Ensures fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing IT management with compliance reports and audit findings.
- Provides leadership in each annual internal security audit, which includes preparation, gathering of evidence and working with the internal security auditor to ensure a satisfactory audit result.
- Analyzes and coordinates mitigation of all negative findings from the annual internal security audit.
- Designs, implements and monitors deployment of active directory group policy objects (GPOs).
- Monitors and audits malware and virus prevention system (FEP).
- Monitors and audits Windows update services (WSUS) to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place.
- Monitors and audits server event logs on a regular basis.
- Monitors and audits VEEAM backups of virtual and physical server instances. Performs regular disaster recovery exercises of server instances.
- Requests, installs and renews computer and server certificates.
- Coordinates and performs data recoveries for legal mitigations.
- Provides security related leadership, guidance and training to end users and IT staff.
- Reviews, implements, updates and documents company wide information security policies and procedures.
- Handle support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Conducts Windows server builds and performs server maintenance tasks.
- Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Responds to malware and virus related incidents.
- Creates and maintains DNS and DHCP records and reservations.
- Creates VPN accounts, issues smart cards and installs client/keys on user’s computer.
- Maintain an inventory of technology equipment.
- Stays informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to networking and computer systems, as well as applicable government regulations. Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and IT management.
- Protects organization's value by ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data.