Our client, a mining industry truck manufacturer with a worldwide client base, is looking to add an SCCM & Information Assurance Administrator to their IT team at the Mining Equipment division in Newport News, VA. This is a full time, direct hire position offering full benefits (to include health, dental, 401k, and relocation).
Primary focus of this position is Information Assurance (IA), the planning, implementation, operation and maintenance of primary and supporting systems that ensure the availability of data and information. This includes managing risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data and the systems and processes used for those purposes. The Information Assurance Administrator plays a vital role in the protection of the integrity, availability, authenticity and confidentiality of user data in a secure computing environment.
Other critical duties include performing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Windows Update Services (WSUS) and Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP) administration and user support. Responding to requests such as help desk tickets, telephone, email and in-person service at its Newport News VA location as well as other U.S. facilities in accordance with company International IT security standards. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Administers and maintains distributed file system, assigns and maintains file and folder permissions.
- Leads the continued implementation of the internal data classification policy and provides related training to end users.
- Installs, configures and operates SCCM to control and configure client laptops and workstations.
- Builds tests and deploys client operating system images using SCCM.
- Installs, configures and operates master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems (SCOM). Monitor event logs to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future, including repair or replacement.
- Administers and maintains Windows update services (WSUS) to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place.
- Configures and operates malware and virus prevention system (FEP).
- Assists with the implementation and optimization of corporate IT-Security end user e-learning course.
- Assists with vulnerability remediation when necessary.
- Assists in the annual internal security audit, which includes preparation, gathering of evidence and working with the internal security auditor to ensure a satisfactory audit result.
- Assists in the coordination of mitigation measures of all negative findings from the annual internal security audit.
- Assists in data recoveries for legal mitigations.
- Provides security related leadership, guidance and training to end users and IT staff.
- Reviews, implements, updates and documents company wide information security policies and procedures.
- Handle support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Conducts Windows server builds and performs server maintenance tasks.
- Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Responds to malware and virus related incidents.
- Creates and maintains DNS and DHCP records and reservations.
- Creates VPN accounts, issues smart cards and installs client/keys on user’s computer.
- Maintain an inventory of technology equipment.
- Stays informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to networking and computer systems, as well as applicable government regulations. Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and IT management.
- Protects organization's value by ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data.