Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Two / Four year college degree or degree from Vocational Institute in related field of industry.
Required: At least 1 year of experience with computer hardware, configuration, software and operating system knowledge
Preferred: Minimum of 1 year experience with computer hardware, software and operating systems.
Preferred: A+ Certification, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Certifications, Compaq ACT / ASP
Working knowledge with respect to:
- Computers, Multiple Operating Systems (including Dos, Win3.1, Win 95 all revs, Win 98 all revs, Win NT, Win 2ooo, Apple OS, Linux, Drive duplication / imaging, Hardware Diagnostic Utilities
- Setup and driver installation of all types of Print devices (i.e. dot matrix, Inkjet, Laserjets, color, black & white)
- Peripherals (including but not limited to internal & external modems, sound cards, video cards, network interface cards, SCSI adapters, storage devices, memory, etc.)
- Network Connectivity
- OEM Warranty Procedures
- Appropriate OEM Resources (i.e. manuals, resource CD’s, Internet, etc.)
- Drive Duplication / imaging
- Meet the requirements of Electronic Systems Fleet Safety program
- Possess and maintain reliable transportation
- Possess and maintain valid drivers license
- Provide certificate of insurance with adequate liability coverage and include statement from insurance company of their knowledge that you use your vehicle for work
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive for 6 hours of the day
- Ability to stand, crouch, walk, kneel, crawl, lay, bend, and perform simple and firm grasping functions with both left and right hands for 6 hours of the day.
- Be prompt and on time to work and scheduled appointments
- Periodically be on call 24 hours a day for various contracts and commitments
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Posses strong customer service skills
- Possess strong phone skills
- Provide updates of service calls upon completion or incompletion of each call to the call support center
- Report to and be prepared to begin work promptly at 8:00 a.m., work a minimum 8 hour day, with a 1 hour lunch, and continue work until 5:00 p.m. These hours may shift as customer or work load demands and should be expected to start prior to 8:00 a.m. and continue past 5:00 p.m.
- Demonstrate the ability to contact account leader, team leader or service management to seek assistance if you are unable to perform the task in a timely fashion or if you encounter any reasons that are preventing the timely resolution of a service call.
- Notify account leader, team leader or service management as soon as you have knowledge of any unscheduled or scheduled time off.
- Contact the service support center and get assigned to the first service call prior to 8:15 a.m. each business day.
- Ability to complete a minimum of 8 installations / configurations in an 8 hours period including travel.